Every year about this time I get a text from a friend looking for ideas. She is perhaps the smartest, most amazing woman I know. But, she doesn’t have a glue gun (or a Pinterest account). Her friends have a Christmas ornament exchange. They are the Martha Stewart types, and her inner-winner insists on DIYing her ornaments to show them that she can Martha too.
This year I came up with a few adorable options for her. I will get them posted this week. First up, literally the easiest DIY ornaments ever.
Here’s what you need:
- clear balls (I got mine at the Dollar Tree – they are plastic and have a large opening which makes them easy to fill and less fragile than glass. But, any craft store has a ton of options right now.)
- glitter (I like the big chunky stuff, but anything that makes your little heart go pitter-patter will work just fine)
- metallic cord (I found mine with the gift wrap)
The instructions couldn’t be any easier:
- Pop the tops off of your ornaments.
- Using your funnel, fill your balls. Some of the chunkier glitter gets stuck – I used a skewer or a pencil to push it through.
- Pop the top back on your ornament.
- Tie a cute bow on top.
- Pat yourself on the back…This counts as a DIY!
I have a few other super simple DIY ornaments coming soon! Stay tuned.